Managing group users
In this article:
- Adding and removing users
- User limits
- Changing the account administrator
Adding and Removing Users
Group administrators may add or remove users ( sub accounts) from the group account at any time. The total number of sub accounts used/available can be found on the sub accounts page. Please note, the total number of users indicated on the sub account page does not include the admin.
Admins may add users manually, using the steps below, OR, you may copy and distribute the unique signup URL for your group. The signup URL is located under sub accounts in your profile (see steps 1-3 below).
- In your account profile, click on the “sub account” link in the far right column
- Click on the "Add sub accounts" button
- If the person you are adding has an existing CodingIntel account, enter their username in the "existing username" field. This will ensure that their account history is connected to their sub account.
- If the person is not an existing user, enter their email address and first and last name. And click the submit button.
Please check email addresses for accuracy before submitting
To remove users:
- Go to the sub account list (see step 1 above)
- In the user list, find the user you want to remove and click on the "remove" link for that user.
How many users can be on my account?
The total number of sub accounts used/available can be found on the sub accounts page.
How do I change the admintstrator on our group account?
We are not able to change the owner of an existing membership, however, you can follow these steps to create a new membership and move the users associated with the original account to the new one. If you don't have access to the original account, please contact us for assistance.
- First, export the sub account users on the existing account using the "Export Sub Accounts" link below your user list on the sub accounts page.
- Next, sign up for a new group membership using the name and email address for the new group administrator.
- Go to the sub accounts page in the new membership and click on "Choose file".
- Select the file you exported in step one and click the "Upload CSV" button (screenshot below)
- Lastly, cancel the original membership. (See our refunds page for information about prorated refunds.)